The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) is seeking a senior scientist to serve as Senior Advisor of Data Science (Senior Biomedical Research and Biomedical Product Assessment Service (SBRBPAS) SBR Officer 1) to provide strategic recommendations, leadership, and coordination of strategy implementation activities, programs, and policies in translational dental, oral, and craniofacial (DOC) data science to support intra- and extramural research.
Broadly, the Senior Advisor will:
- Drive community-wide efforts to build and maintain a secure and broadly accessible ecosystem of translational DOC data, tools, infrastructure, knowledge, and biospecimen repositories.
- Provide centralized oversight across NIDCR to ensure compliance to the NIH policies regarding appropriate and broad sharing of scientific data and other resources and maximally realize the utilities of the resources in biomedicine.
- Facilitate Institute- and community-wide efforts to train and advance DOC workforce into one composed of biomedical data scientists, cross-trained data and biomedicine conversant scientists, and data science literate professionals.
- Provide expert guidance on the planning, initiation, and oversight of extramural programs of data science and emerging technologies for data generation, transformation, and use.
- Promote the application of "disruptive" workflow solutions and computational technologies to meet NIDCR's research and business needs.
- Assess and publish on the outcomes of data science and technology efforts in enhancing workforces, delivering data-driven solution to oral health and health disparities, and optimizing institutional performance to inform the institute leadership on future planning.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, data-driven individual with sufficient knowledge of DOC data science, who has demonstrated capabilities to:
- Provide strategic and organizational leadership to advance translational DOC data science.
- Coordinate complex data science and emerging technology programs and efforts.
- Lead data scientists to pursue research and product development, or manage extramural programs and build partnerships.
- Deliver tangible results to various stakeholders across the Institute and the extramural community.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must possess a doctoral level degree in biomedicine or a biological related field, or a doctoral or master’s level degree in engineering, bioinformatics, or a related or emerging field.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A full Civil Service package of benefits (including retirement, health, life, and long-term care insurance, as well as a Thrift Savings Plan, etc.) is available.
The application period is May 8, 2023, to June 8, 2023.
Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter with a brief description of professional accomplishments that meet the criteria above.
- A statement of future goals, a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three current references.
Applications and general questions about the position should be sent to:
Ms. Tamera Addison
Workforce Management Specialist
DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.