The Staff Assistant position (GS-0301-11) is located in the Office of the Clinical Director (OCD), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR). The incumbent will support the NIDCR Clinical Director (CD) and all the administrative functions related to running the Office of the Clinical Director to enable the CD to manage and oversee the DIR's Intramural Clinical and Translational Research Program.
- Implement administrative functions for the office.
- Keep supervisor fully informed of current conditions throughout the organization and take appropriate action to ensure that administrative activities are properly implemented.
- Provide administrative and technical support, compiling and preparing information and documentation, and assisting in making logistical arrangements as required for meetings and conferences.
- Analyze organizational programs and activities through review of reports and initiate or recommend action to correct problems and improve programs. Evaluate, process, and make recommendations for effective organizational changes.
- Coordinate subordinate staff within the office, ensuring that the administrative and clerical functions required for a smooth and efficient operation are provided.
You qualify at the GS-11 level, if you meet one of the following qualification requirements:
- Completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.M., if related; OR
- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks:
- analyzing administrative problems,
- developing recommendations, and synthesizing the data into reports or briefings;
- implementing administrative functions for an office; and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on administrative matters of interest; OR
- A combination of post baccalaureate education related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
You will receive credit for all experience material to the position, including experience gained in religious, civic, welfare, service, and organizational activities, regardless of whether you received pay. Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply.
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.Back to top
Read and follow all instructions in the USAJobs announcement, complete the online application, and submit the documentation specified in the "Required Documents" section.
Your complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern on July 10, 2020 to receive consideration.