Deputy Clinical Director
10 Center Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892
Dr. Kim received her MD from the University of Pennsylvania, her MHS from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and completed her internship and clinical pathology/laboratory medicine residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Additionally, she completed a fellowship in transfusion medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School. After training, Dr. Kim served as Associate Medical Director at Biogen, Inc., and was most recently a Medical Officer at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) and the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). In CBER, Dr. Kim reviewed applications for cellular and gene therapies, plasma-derived products, and biologic/device combination products. In CDER, she lead cross-cutting medical policy programs and initiatives, including the IND Safety Work Group. As Deputy Clinical Director, Dr. Kim provides oversight of intramural clinical programs and will take an active role in shaping the Dental Clinical Research Fellowship Program to train the next generation of talented clinician-scientists in dental, oral, and craniofacial research.
- R Belizaire, J Mack, S Kadauke, Y Kim, S Saidman, RS Makar. Red blood cell alloantibodies are associated with increased alloimmunization against human leukocyte antigens. Transfusion 2019;59:2256-2263.
- YA Kim, KB Lewandrowski, FA Lucien, EM Van Cott. The effects of transport temperature and time on routine and specialized coagulation assays. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2018;29:184-188.
- YA Kim, R Gosselin, EM Van Cott. Letter to the Editor: The effects of dabigatran on lupus anticoagulant, diluted plasma thrombin time, and other specialized coagulation assays. International Journal of Laboratory Hematology 2015;37:e81-84.
- KL O’Brien, YA Kim (co- first author), RL Haspel, L Uhl. Provision of KEL1-negative blood to obstetric patients: a three-year single-institution retrospective review. Transfusion 2015;55:599-604.
- YA Kim, SR Sloan. Pediatric therapeutic apheresis: rationale and indications for plasmapheresis, cytapheresis, extracorporeal photopheresis, and LDL apheresis. Pediatric Clinics of North America 2013;60:1569-80.
- YA Kim, RS Makar. Test of the month: detection of fetomaternal hemorrhage. American Journal of Hematology 2012;87:417-423.
- JA Branda, K Linskey, YA Kim, AC Steere, MJ Ferraro. Two-tiered antibody testing for Lyme disease with use of 2 enzyme immunoassays, a whole-cell sonicate enzyme immunoassay followed by a VlsE C6 peptide enzyme immunoassay. Clinical Infectious Disease 2011;53:541-547.
- YA Kim, HR Bogner, KH Morales, JJ Gallo. Patient ethnicity and the identification of anxiety in elderly primary care patients. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2008;56:1626-1630.
- YA Kim, HR Bogner, GK Brown, JJ Gallo. Chronic medical conditions and wishes to die among older primary care patients. International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine 2008;36:183-198.