The Oral Health Disparities & Inequities Research Program supports studies that:
- provide a better understanding of the basis of oral health disparities and inequities;
- develop and test interventions tailored or targeted to underserved populations;
- seek to understand a broadened array of determinants of disparities and inequities in oral health status and care at multiple levels;
- explore approaches to the dissemination of evidence and implementation of evidence-based tools and interventions, to assure rapid translation into practice, policy, and action in communities; and
- take a holistic, social-ecological, multi-level interventional approach designed to have a meaningful impact on oral health status and quality of life of vulnerable and underserved populations.