On January 11, 2023, NIDCR released: Planning for the TMD Collaborative for IMproving PAtient-Centered Translational Research (TMD IMPACT) (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed).Back to top
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites Planning Grant applications that conceptualize the design and implementation of a future national, interdisciplinary, patient-centered research collaborative that will advance Temporomandibular Disorders (TMDs) basic and clinical research, research training, and translation to evidence-based treatments and improved clinical care. The planning grants are intended to enable institutions to develop partnerships, infrastructure, and capabilities needed to address the major goals of a future Collaborative and develop a Collaborative-wide research framework and strategies to support coordination among studies, research projects, and sites, and thereby enhance competitiveness for future participation in TMD Collaborative for Improving Patient-Centered Translational Research (TMD IMPACT).
- Propose a design for the future Collaborative that includes details on overall structure as well as the applicant's functional and structural fit in the larger Collaborative.
- Include an implementation plan that details the strategy for addressing the major goals of the future Collaborative.
- Delineate a timeline driven set of goals and activities to be accomplished under the Planning Grant that will substantively enhance the applicant's capacity to participate in the future Collaborative and advance its goals.
The planning grant will not be a prerequisite for submission of a TMD IMPACT application.
Application Due Date: April 14, 2023Back to top
Program Directors/Principal Investigators are invited to work with their organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from diverse backgrounds, including underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and women are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.Back to top
- Higher Education Institutions
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- For-Profit Organizations
- Small Businesses
- State Governments
- Federal Government
- Independent School Districts
- Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
- Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Faith-based or Community-based Organizations
- Regional Organizations
TMD IMPACT Webinar
In the Technical Assistance Webinar recording provided below, NIDCR staff members give technical assistance to potential applicants by explaining the purpose and goals of NIDCR's TMD IMPACT RFA as well as key dates and features, the peer review process, and frequently asked questions. Slides from the presentation are provided in PPTX format.Back to top
Slides from the presentation are provided below in PPTX format.Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Have additional questions about applying for the TMD IMPACT RFA? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.Back to top