The Office of the Scientific Director (OSD) provides leadership and managerial oversight for all research, training and related activities within the Institute's Division of Intramural Research (DIR). By understanding dental, oral and craniofacial health and disease in the context of the whole body, we will transform how we promote health, treat disease, and overcome health disparities, so all may lead healthy lives.
- We support an intramural research environment of scientific excellence that is inclusive and supportive.
- We maintain high standards of scientific integrity, ethical conduct and critical assessment of our research.
- We embrace all types of diversity that we, our staff and our trainees bring to NIDCR.
- We support a collegial faculty environment where we collaborate to synergize our scientific interactions, resources and productivity.
Our DIR values training and mentoring, providing our trainees with an intellectually engaging and creative setting where they can consider a broad range of scientific career paths.
- We efficiently manage our administrative functions and federal reporting requirements to enhance our scientific endeavors.
- We promote a productive work environment, where we strive for work/life balance.
- We build a network and maintain connections with our trainees and colleagues as they move on with their careers.