NIDCR is funding research into COVID-19. Dena Fischer, DDS, MSD, MS, NIDCR's Director of the Center for Clinical Research, explains the different funding mechanisms currently available to the research community. If you wish to only view a particular question and answer, follow the links below the video:
- Part 1 - Notices of Special Interest
- Part 2 - How Currently Funded Researchers Can Apply?
- Part 3 - What Is The National Dental-Based Research Network?
- Part 4 - Are There Special Considerations for Studying COVID-19 Transmission in the Practice Environment?
- Part 5 - Are NIH-Wide Funding Opportunities Available?
- Part 6 - Are Longer-Term Funding Opportunities Available?
- Part 7 - What is Meant by High and Immediate Impact Research?
Current Funding Opportunities
|Title||Staff Contact||Opportunity Number||Activity Code||Application Due Date|
|Digital Healthcare Interventions to Address the Secondary Health Effects Related to Social, Behavioral, and Economic Impact of COVID-19 (R01 - Clinical Trial Optional)||
Darien Weatherspoon, DDS, MPH
|Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) regarding the Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions and Administrative Supplements for Research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Individuals with Down Syndrome for the INCLUDE Project||Jason Wan, PhD
|NOT-OD-20-129||multiple, see announcement||
Previous Funding Opportunities