NIDCR is funding research into COVID-19. Dena Fischer, DDS, MSD, MS, NIDCR's Director of the Center for Clinical Research, explains the different funding mechanisms currently available to the research community. If you wish to only view a particular question and answer, follow the links below the video:
- Part 1 - Notices of Special Interest
- Part 2 - How Currently Funded Researchers Can Apply?
- Part 3 - What Is The National Dental-Based Research Network?
- Part 4 - Are There Special Considerations for Studying COVID-19 Transmission in the Practice Environment?
- Part 5 - Are NIH-Wide Funding Opportunities Available?
- Part 6 - Are Longer-Term Funding Opportunities Available?
- Part 7 - What is Meant by High and Immediate Impact Research?
Current Funding Opportunities
|Title||Staff Contact||Opportunity Number||Activity Code||First Application Due Date|
|Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Research to Address Vaccine Hesitancy, Uptake, and Implementation among Populations that Experience Health Disparities||
Margaret M. Grisius, DDS
|Continuation of Temporary Extension of Eligibility for the NIDCR Dual Degree Dentist Scientist Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00) During the COVID-19 Pandemic||
Leslie Frieden, PhD
|Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): NIDCR Support for Research on the Physiological Involvement of Oral Cavity in Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)||
Amanda Melillo, PhD
|Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Social, Behavioral, and Economic Impact of COVID-19 in Underserved and Vulnerable Populations||
Elise Rice, PhD
Hiroko Iida, DDS, MPH
Previous Funding Opportunities